The worlds dependence on oil and gas is growing as worldwide economies and infrastructure keep to depend closely on petroleum-primarily based products. The oil and gas enterprise keeps to wield exceptional affect in worldwide economics and politics. There are over two hundred oil and gas businesses in the international level. In latest years the conventional super-majors have visible stiff opposition from the developing number of National Oil Companies – state-owned entities which can be an increasing number of seizing sole rights to main oil reserves. In this list, we countdown the most important oil and gas organizations in the world ranked through annual revenue.
1 .Sinopec : Established in 1998 from the previous China Petrochemical Corporation, the super-massive petroleum and petrochemical corporation is generally centered on exploration and production, refining, advertising and distribution.
2 .Saudi Aramco : Saudi Aramco is Saudi Arabias country wide oil corporation. Operating in each upstream and downstream segments, the corporation has large operations in production, exploration, petrochemicals, refining, advertising and worldwide shipping.
3 .China National Petroleum : Established in 1988 and the predecessor of the Ministry of Petroleum Industry of the Peoples Republic of China, the China National Petroleum Corporation is a state-owned oil and gas corporation with governmental administrative functions.
4 .Royal Dutch Shell : More known as Shell was founded in 1907 following the merger of the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company and the “Shell” Transport and Trading Company Ltd of the United Kingdom.Thanks to its distinct emblem and subsidiary Shell Oil Company’s many provider stations, Shell is one of the most famous oil and gas corporations withinside the global. The Shell call and emblem is tied to the “Shell” Transport and Trading Company – it’s founder’s father had at first created a commercial enterprise promoting seashells to collectors.
5 .BP : The Anglo-Persian Oil Company created in 1909, itself an offshoot of the Burmah Oil Company. It later rebranded to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company after which eventually to BP. A decade Later, the corporation have become the primary to strike oil withinside the North Sea. Thanks to its 20,000 plus provider stations, BP is one of the maximum recognisable oil and fueloline businesses.
6 .ExxonMobil : Formed in 1999 after the merger of Exxon and Mobil, the United States multinational oil and gas corporation is certainly considered one among the most important refiners. The global’s 7th biggest corporation via way of means of revenue, ExxonMobil holds an enterprise-main stock of assets and is certainly considered one among the most important included refiners, marketer of petroleum merchandise and chemical producers.
7 .Total : Founded in 1924, Totals activities enfold the whole hydrocarbons industry. Total has a completely various portfolio throughout distinct ressources with a sturdy presence in LNG, especially due to exposure to Australian LNG. Total has produced hydrocarbons for nearly a century and has additionally branched into renewable energies and electric powered power.
8 .Valero : Fortune 50 company, Valero, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and petrochemical products based in Texas. One of the world’s largest independent petroleum refiners, Valeros activities are predominantly based around refining crude oil as – opposed to drilling – and selling the product through its 6,800 retail outlets.
9 .Gazprom : With a global share of gas reserves of 17%, Gazprom owns the world’s largest network of gas trunk lines (171.2 thousand kilometres long), most of which are tied together into the Unified Gas Supply System (UGSS) of Russia. Although a private company, the majority shares of the company are owned by the Russian government. At present, Gazprom is responsible for around 14% of global gas output and 74% of Russian gas output.
* Each oil country has a company which is responsible for the extraction, processing of the deposit found. In Algeria Sonatrach is National Company for Research, Production, Transport, Transformation, Marketing of Hydrocarbons, and is the most important hydrocarbon company in Algeria and Africa. It intervenes in exploration, production, transport by pipelines processing and marketing of hydrocarbons and their derivatives. Sonatrach operations are implemented with the intervention of service companies which are:
- Schlumberger: Schlumberger Limited is a multinational service and equipment company. It was founded in France under the name of “Electric prospecting company” in 1926 by two Alsatians, the Conrad brothers and Marcel Schlumberger, thanks to their innovative ideas to detect different types of rocks by electrical conductivity.
- Halliburton: Halliburton is an oil and gas company that has become a large multinational It was founded just after the First World War (in 1919), second service provider to the oil and gas industry in the world, present in more than 70 countries with hundreds of subsidiaries, affiliates, branches, brands and divisions in the world whole.
- Weatherford: Weatherford is an American oil company. Its operational headquarters are located in Houston, Texas, and its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland since 2014.
- Baker hughes: Baker Hughes is an American oil company based in Houston, it was founded in 1987 .It specializes in particular in horizontal drilling and the chemicals necessary for hydraulic fracturing.
*Finally and it is not an end, without forgetting that there are plenty of oil and gas companies , service companies that work hard in their field where working conditions are not easy, but the love of the profession helps to continue and make efforts to better develop and also highlights the competition that is between these companies.